LECTURES/SEMINARS III. Academic Writing and International Publication
Keywords: academic writing, argument, abstract, communicating ideas, critical writing
26th March 2012
· New Student Introduction
· Opening discussion: Bring in your recent Publications or Articles you read recently and found Inspiring.
· Lecture on Academic Writing I
· Golden Rules of Academic Writing
· Using Literature Review in Writing
· How to present Artistic Processes in Academic Writing?
12.00AM-13.00PM - LUNCH
· Lecture on Academic Writing II: Developing Arguments, Writing Abstracts
· Your Point of View/other Scholarly View/your Interpretation of Other Scholarly View
· Reading material on Academic Writing ( Reader)
· Group Work - Analysis, Synthesis and Critical Review of International Publications ( Reader)
· 200 words Abstract / Critical Review of Selected Article
14.30PM-15.00PM - Coffee/Tea Break
· Student Research Presentations
· Critical Engagement: Peer-Review Process
· Reflective Critical Practice - Spotting Weakness/Strength in Research. How is this useful?
· Reflecting on the Infograms/Methodology
· Review of International Journal / Conference Calls
· Wrap Up /Reflections