Academic Practice-based Research
Workshop Leader: Brigitta Zics
Keywords: academic research, methodology, argument, practice-theory
19th March 2012
· Short Introduction/ Student Introduction
· Opening discussion: What is research in Arts? What is practice-based Research?
· Lecture on Academic Practice-based Research
· Golden Rules of Research
· Research Strategies: Theory-Practice
· Good Research - Bad Art?
· Literature Review / Critical Engagement
· What is Original Contribution to Knowledge?
· Simplicity/Communicating your Idea
· Leonardo Abstract Archive
12.00AM-1300PM - LUNCH
· Lecture on What is Methodology? What is Interdisciplinarity/Transdisciplinarity? An Overview of Methods
· Reflective Practice: Identifying Methods for Your Own Research
· Visualising Your Research using Infograms
· Reading material on Methodology ( Reader) - Discussion
14.30PM-15.00PM - Coffee/Tea Break
· Student Research Presentations
· Critical Engagement: Peer-Review Process
· Reflective Critical Practice - Spotting Weakness/Strength in Research. How is this useful?
· Reflecting on the Infograms/Methdology
16.30PM-16.45PM - Coffee/Tea Break
· Simplicity - 200 words Summary of Your Research / Methodology / Interdisciplinarity/Transdisciplinarity / Critical Aspect
· Reading Material for Next Week - Reader
· Wrap Up /Reflections